Saturday, August 26, 2006

bang ****

I'm a nerd.
So last night I was super good and went to bed at 11pm so that I could get up early and take my car to the mechanic. I slept really well. I remember having a dream that I was with this guy I have never seen before and we were trying to run away from this other guy who was wearing a black t-shirt with red block lettering on it. For some reason we decided the best way to get away was to take plastic bags filled with gasoline and throw them into the nearby trees. Then we lit them on fire. I was in the middle of throwing a gasoline bag at a big willow tree when I heard, "Dude you can bang erika and shyla but I get hanna". This is when I woke up and realized that it was the neighbor downstairs talking super loud. I reached over and grabbed a pair of ear plugs and crammed them in my ears- it was 3am. The neighbors got increasingly loud as the night progressed. I couldn't fall back to sleep, even with my ear plugs in. There were a few moments when they got quite enough or I got tired enough to fall asleep. I had one of those half dream half hallucination type things. I thought my mom was in my apartment. I heard her ask them to quiet down and they politely agreed. Then she left and they got loud again. So I went out on my porch and told them that I needed to get up early and asked them to be quite. They laughed at me. ( Sometimes spatial issues get weird when I'm dreaming, so as they laughed at me, their patio moved up into a balcony on the other side of my apartment). One of the guys said that I shouldn't worry about getting up because time moves according to his laws. He then reached over and grabbed this mysterious clock that was suddenly mounted on the outside of the apartment building. He turned the time back and laughed at me again. Then I looked back into my apartment and saw my younger brother standing there. So I asked him to come outside and then turned to my neighbors and said, "oh yeah well tell my brother that, he just got back from Iraq!" My brother got the smug proud closed mouth grin on his face and popped his collar as he started to stroll towards my balcony door. This is when I woke up again. This time to the sound of the neighbors playing guitar. As if the pounding stereo wasn't enough. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep last night.
So here I am. I got up at 6:30 am. I got ready and headed toward the mechanic. The plan was to drop off the car as early as possible in hopes that he would be able to get it done sooner. The check engine light turned on a few days ago, so I figured it was time for a tune up. The problem is, I don't have the money to pay for a tune up. So when I noticed the light had turned off this morning, I decided to wait and didn't even take my car in. So all that and I didn't even end up getting my car checked. The light turned off the other night as well, I don't really know anything about cars. I'm probably causing more damage by not taking it in, but I just really don't want to charge the $80 on my credit card to get it tuned up. Ugh.
Sometimes I feel really stupid when I complain about things like money. Overall I have a fantastic life and when I hear the things my brother witnessed in Iraq or my friend's brother had to go through in New Orleans, it just puts it all in perspective. Things could be a lot worse and I really am blessed.
Okay, I'm going to sip my coffee now and maybe work on my website and sketch some pictures.
goodbye for now.

No comments: